1/2 chicken 500 gm
1 cup 1st coconut milk
1 cup 2nd coconut milk
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt, soya sauce, pepper to taste
Rempah: (or can purchase curry paste)
1/2 tbsp. pounded fresh chili
1/2 tbsp. pounded dried chili
1/2 tbsp. pounded onions
1 tsp. pounded garlic
1/2 tsp pounded ginger
1 tbsp. olive cooking oil
1 tsp. pounded buah keras
1/2 tsp. pounded langkuas
1/2 tsp. kunyit (saffron)
1/2 tsp. blachan
1 stalk serai (lemon grass)
1. Wash the chicken outside and inside clean free from fat and blood.
2. Cut it into pieces and season with salt. soya sauce, pepper, Chinese rice wine and half the curry paste and put it in the fridge.
3. You can buy $0.50 desiccated coconut from the market and use this for your coconut milk. Put the desiccated coconut into a bowl and pour a bowl of water can squeeze out the coconut milk through a thin cloth and use as 1st coconut milk. Likewise do for the 2nd coconut milk.
4. Peel the potatoes and half it and half it again and cut into 3 portions.
5. Heat the frying pay and fry the other half rempah for a few minutes until there is an aroma smell.
6. Add the chicken pieces and fry on medium fire for a few minutes and add the 2nd coconut milk and cover and let it cook for 10 minutes.
7. Then add the potatoes and the 1st coconut milk and mix well and cover for another 15 minutes stirring in between till cooked.
8. Serve with fragrant white rice or bread roll.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 25 minutes
This recipe is from The Oriental Cookbook by Sophia Lim See website: http://www.specialasianfood.com Sign Up at my home page and subcribe. Get a FREE PDF Chinese Cuisines Snacks and One-dish Meal (the first 30 persons who sign up) and you will also get Free Monthly Low Fat Recipe. To get more culinary secrets purchase my PDF cookbooks online clicking Cookbooks>BUY NOW by Paypal credit card and download the PDF cookbook and send receipt to email@example.com Likewise you can get the printed version The Oriental Cookbook from me. Sophia Lim Author-Founder.