500g chicken thigh
100g green peas
50g curry paste
2 tbsp. sliced shallots
2 tbsp. chopped ginger
1tsp pounded chili
1 1/2 cup 1st coconut
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash clean the chicken thigh and marinate with salt, soya sauce and pepper.
2. Pound the garlic, ginger and chili.
3. Heat the frying pan and pour the olive oil and fry the shallots until golden brown. Add the curry paste and pounded garlic mix and fry for 5 min until nice aroma smell
4. Add the tomatoes, 1st coconut, salt and chicken thigh and simmer for 20 min stirring in-between cooking.
Cook the Rice:
3 cups biriyani rice 2 cinnamon
2 cardamon 5 pandan leaves
2 cloves 3 cups water
1. Wash and soak the rice, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and pandan leaves in water for half an hour. Then cook the rice for 20 mins.
2. Add the chicken thigh, green peas and raisin and mix them. Simmer for another 15 mins until cooked.
3. Dish on to the plate and serve.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 60 min
This recipe is from The Oriental Cookbook